Welcome! Log in or Sign Up!

Forums » General No-Till » Are we by over doing our EFA area shooting ourselves in the foot in future years ?

Are we by over doing our EFA area shooting ourselves in the foot in future years ?

Subscribe to Are we by over doing our EFA area shooting ourselves in the foot in future years ? 1 Post, 1 voice

Hello,

I have what I consider an average arable farm and have managed to get the required EFA area by using only field margins/buffer strips and taking a small portion of unproductive ground out of production.

It seems to me there is much talk on this forum and many others websites like Covoco where farmers are massively over cooking their required EFA, just because they can quite easily by only using field margins/buffer strips. Some are doing it to the tune of a 100% increase "just to be on the safe side"

My thoughts are this data is very easy for the RPA to extract and once they see their existing threshold of 5% is very easily met - by seeing how much it was exceeded by most farmers, they are going to raise the threshold significantly in the future. Are we by over doing our EFA area shooting ourselves in the foot in future years ?

Any assistance gratefully received!

Thank you.

Forums » General No-Till » Are we by over doing our EFA area shooting ourselves in the foot in future years ?