Welcome! Log in or Sign Up!

Forums » Nutrient and Residue Management » Liquid Nutrition (Ensure/Boost/Slim-fast/etc...): Powder Alternatives?

Liquid Nutrition (Ensure/Boost/Slim-fast/etc...): Powder Alternatives?

Subscribe to Liquid Nutrition (Ensure/Boost/Slim-fast/etc...): Powder Alternatives? 1 Post, 1 voice

Icon_missing_medium JesseVoss 25 Posts

Hi,

Years ago, I was diagnosed with several digestive problems that keep me from getting all the nutrients from the food I eat.

The solution to this was simple: drink Boost/Ensure. Since the nutrients in liquids are absorbed easier.

I've since stopped doing this several years ago because... well, it's freaking expensive. Even the generic stuff is $6-7. Drinking two a day (2-3 recommended by a gastroenterologist and nutritionist), equals about $17 a week, which equals $68/month... more than my electric and phone bill combined.

So, I've decided to start this again, but I am wondering if there are alternative powders I can mix into milk, or a shake, or something that will give me the same nutrients, but for way less a price. The only thing I can think of is Carnation Instant Breakfast stuff, but I don't know if that'd be the same nutrients.

Anyone have any suggestions?

TL;DR: Digestive problems keep me from getting nutrients from food. Need powder alternatives to Boost/Ensure that I can mix into milk or whatever. Is the Carnation stuff equivalent to a can of Boost/Ensure? Other Suggestions? 

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=62437

Explainer Video Company

Thank you.

Forums » Nutrient and Residue Management » Liquid Nutrition (Ensure/Boost/Slim-fast/etc...): Powder Alternatives?