Welcome! Log in or Sign Up!

Forums » Soil, Seeding and Planting » Seed Starting Mix, Peat Pots, or Regular Potting Soil?

Seed Starting Mix, Peat Pots, or Regular Potting Soil?

Subscribe to Seed Starting Mix, Peat Pots, or Regular Potting Soil? 2 Posts, 2 voices

Icon_missing_medium depprussell 8 Posts

Hello,

I am starting some flower seeds and roma tomato seeds indoors and was wondering if there is a difference between "seed starting formula" and just using miracle grow potting soil. Do I have to buy something that says its just for starting seeds? I know, that's probably a very basic question! I'm so new to gardening. I bought some cells with the potting soil already in there that expanded with water, and it has a dome. The flower seeds in there sprouted no problem already. However, I potted the tomatoes and extra flower seeds in peat pots with regular potting soil and I haven't seen a thing yet. I noticed the soil is so dry each morning so I keep watering, maybe that's the difference? Please advise.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43278

Teaser video agency

Thank you.

Icon_missing_medium rosabella 5 Posts

Your article is very specific and detailed. It solved very quickly the problem I was having hotmail sign in

Forums » Soil, Seeding and Planting » Seed Starting Mix, Peat Pots, or Regular Potting Soil?