Welcome! Log in or Sign Up!

Forums » Equipment » How should a company go about selling equipment to its employees?

How should a company go about selling equipment to its employees?

Subscribe to How should a company go about selling equipment to its employees? 3 Posts, 3 voices

Icon_missing_medium JesseVoss 25 Posts

HI,

My company has a fair amount of computer equipment (laptops, etc) that it wants to "retire" from company service and breed good will by selling or giving it away to company employees.

Now, the question is, what is a fair and profitable policy?

Let's say they are selling an old laptop. The amortized value is probably close to $0.00. The true value is closer to $300.00.

They want to sell it to the employees as a fair price. However, MANY employees may want said laptop. 

In my cousin's company, they send around an email saying "laptop for sale: $x.xx. Then whoever wants it's names are put into a hat and a winner is randomnly chosen, and they may purchased the equipment at the previously stated price.

Should this be our policy? The CTO wants me to write up a fair policy.

How should we handle special circomstances, i.e. "someone asked first", "he's a VP, he's special" etc.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=846011

Explainer video production agency

Thank you.

Icon_missing_medium funnyjokes 5 Posts

Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes.You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years.

ludo game

100x100 annamarsh 1 Post

High school things like computers and computer code area unit subject to speedy devolution (continuous enhancements in technology build older instrumentation less productive additional quickly). There area unit professionals and cons to paying money, language a loan, or language a lease agreement - you'll examine the advantages of laptop and computer code leasing: Some instrumentation leasing firms supply 'Technology Refresh’ Programs designed to supply  with the choice to upgrade, replace, or acquire extra instrumentation at sure times throughout the term of the lease whereas maintaining or lowering their monthly payment.

Forums » Equipment » How should a company go about selling equipment to its employees?